Thursday, August 13, 2015

Do You Ever Have Those Days?

You know. Those days when you wake up with a smile on your face and all is right in the world and then you put your feet on the floor and BAM!!  Chaos ensues.

Today-1, me-0. 

Yep, that was my day. Well, the first 2/3 of it anyway.  I mean, I suppose that I did leave a small chance of setting up a bad morning when I let JAC (forward reference of my daughter) go to bed the night before without her bath.  I decided I would just let her shower with me in the morning instead.  So, when the alarm went off at 6am I was not only having the typical inner conversation with myself (you know the one where you say "why did you stay up so late?" "uggggh, I don't know!!"  "Fail! We are totes going to bed at 8pm tonight!!" <side note: it is now 9:45pm as I type this.  Double fail.>) but I was also trying to wake sleeping beauty from her rock solid slumber. That she only possesses Monday through Friday.  It all just went into manic mode from there.  Late getting out of the shower--washing 2 bodies & 2 heads of hairs (one of those in the likeness of Tangled length) takes some serious time. On mornings like this she always gets the spa treatment and I go to work looking like the poor peasant girl that they felt sorry for and gave a job.  I mean I totally give props to those moms that get up at 4 and 5 am to make sure that they look like they just stepped out of Vogue to head into the office.  I really wish I had that motivation and dislike of sleep.  But for now, I live in world of "my brain doesn't shut down until 1am and I need at least 4 SOLID hours of sleep" and thus my days of makeup at work are limited.  So the clock quickly hits 7:30 and I find myself rushing out the door and trying to maintain my Mommy halo while I am scurrying my little Miss to the car.  We get to her day care pretty quickly (only a couple blocks away).  And there it is...the frackin' dry erase board outside the door on the brick facing of the building that for today is like a taunting billboard which reads: "Attention parents of 2, 3, and 4 year olds,  your child will need to bring a sack lunch tomorrow August 13th. (aka today) Thank you." Do you remember me mentioning this earlier?  No??  Yeah, that's because I didn't.  I just smiled and said "Oh, it's okay honey, Mommy will run home and grab it really quick and be right back!"  At this point she is always much more concerned that I am leaving her for the next 9 hours to be too concerned with any other words coming from my mouth.  So I rush out the door and head back home to throw together a quick lunch.  Parents, I do not recommend this as quick lunch often means quick junk.  I managed to make a PB&J, throw in an apple, a Go-gurt,  a bottle of water, a snack size bag of corn chips and a hostess cupcake (you will learn the significance of these in my world).  Aaaand, back to the day care I go.  At this point it is 7:55 and that means one thing when my work is still 15 minutes away.  Turdsday winning, Brooke losing. So I arrived at work 10 minutes late and had yet to have any coffee. But I didn't want to go to get coffee in the break room immediately after arriving late.  So, I ended up waiting an hour and a half for coffee. Basically, I love my job.  Like seriously, I do.  So the basis of my day was pretty satisfactory.  At lunch I had to run to JAC's dad's work to drop off her car seat so that he could pick her up since we currently only have one.  I had an appointment at 5:15 so I had to make sure that he had it before I left work at 5.  I suppose when you jot all this stuff down you realize that it probably wasn't as big of a catastrophe as it seemed.  And at the end of my appointment I picked up my Bugs from her dad's house and she and I did my favorite shopping (grocery shopping) before making it home at 7:50pm.  I am sure that she and the grocery shopping were what turned around the rest of events of the day in my subconscious. 

I know with all my sarcasm and facetious comments you may think the grocery shopping is one of them.  But I promise that part is real.  I prefer grocery shopping over any shopping.  I have never found a "thing" that I shopped for that gave me more happiness than groceries.  But then again, I don't really do any other shopping lately.  I may have a different opinion whenever I get my Michael Kors Hamilton Tote, but for now groceries are the way to my feel goods. 

And so now as the day comes to a close I look back and think about how great it is that it is over and how even better it is that tomorrow is Friday.  The best thing about days like this is that if we are really lucky, there is a tomorrow.

xoxo
-Brooke 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your Love, Not your Hate.